The Business Office Consultant is responsible for working with assigned facilities to coordinate, audit, and support the billing process to ensure timely and accurate medical billing. This positions travels up to 100% to assigned centers on a weekly basis. Region is to be determined.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise inpatient/outpatient charges, posting, billing and collections, ensuring all policies and procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that accurate and timely billing is done by staff members and establish controls to ensure appropriate submission, billing, and payment cycles.
- Verify that all of the required documentation is complete and maintained in each assigned business office.
- Assist with billing for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Medical Insurance and HMO’s
- Run daily and monthly census reports.
- Ensure that Accounts Payable has accurate payer source and insurance information for billing purpose.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of related billing experience, including Managed Care, Medicare, and/or Medicaid billing; hospital billing and insurance claim processing experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of insurance guidelines, medical terminology, and HIPAA compliance guidelines.
- Familiarity with medical insurance manual claims process and claims appeal process.
- Knowledge of third party billing and collections.
- Basic understanding of UB-04, 1500, CPT, and ICD-9 Coding.