The Admissions Assistant acts as a representative of the center and interacts with potential residents and families throughout the admissions process. This position assists with completing admissions paperwork, and is a back-up for communication with medical personnel, residents, and families. Responsible for accounts payable for the facility including obtaining appropriate authorizations prior to submitting to home office for processing.
Some of your duties include:
Provide tours of the facility to potential residents, families, and/ or responsible parties.
Assist with completing all admission paperwork, including verifying insurance coverage and obtaining signatures on contracts.
Assist with tracking inquiries and admissions data.
Communicate with clinical supervisors regarding admissions preparations and any concerns, such as special circumstances, orders, skilled needs, and/or caregiver needs pertinent to the delivery of care to the resident.
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field a plus.
- 2+ years of related experience in the health care industry, preferably in long term care.
- Basic knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care.
- Knowledge of SNF coverage criteria and reimbursement a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to delivering Excellent, Passionate, Innovative care!
- You are a team player, dedicated to doing what it takes to support your team members and get the job done