“Great place to start off in the nursing field, friendly staff. Learned many things and continue to daily. Most enjoyable part is seeing rehab residents succeed.”
— Current Employee
The Administrator in Training Program is designed for individuals who desire to assume the key leadership roles of Administrator. We know that having the right leadership in our facilities is critical to our continued growth and success. Our program provides hands on training and work experience necessary to deliver the highest in resident satisfaction.
The overall goal is to provide a broad base of knowledge about the operation, which will help the administrator in training develop his or her unique style of leadership and prepare for transition into this leadership role. The Administrator in Training Program is designed to provide you with a clear training path to leading your own facility.
The AIT program offers:
Diverse experiences and valuable mentorship from experienced leaders within our company
Unique firsthand experience in the areas of operations, clinical services, rehabilitation services, administration, food services, maintenance and environmental, financial management, and regulatory compliance
Gain the type of skills that will benefit your career, your personal life, and your community
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- Current, unencumbered Administrator’s license issued for the state of Michigan
- 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry; skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred. A degree in Public Health Administration or Business Administration, or a health related degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimal gaps in work history with a career path that steadily resulted in consecutive positions with increased job responsibilities.
- Possess a superior work ethic and be willing to go above and beyond. Be eager to learn and adapt well to changes.
- Must have outstanding people skills and be able to engage, and connect to all personality and skill levels with guests, families, employees and leadership. Must possess and demonstrate personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Utilize strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, and financial analysis. Be poised to constructively problem solve. Must be able to handle conflict, problems and emergency situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on facility requirements. Will be required to be on call as needed.