“I have worked at Dimondale for many years and I love that the staff care about our residents! The teamwork is like no other place, it is exceptional! Thank you team Dimondale!”
“Great place to start off in the nursing field, friendly staff. Learned many things and continue to daily. Most enjoyable part is seeing rehab residents succeed.”
— Current Employee
The Assistant Dietary Manager supports the Dietary Manager in all aspects of planning and organization, and assists in directing the overall operation of the dietary department in accordance with current state, federal, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the facility. This position is responsible for ensuring that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that appropriate levels of food supplies are available.
- Order supplies in a cost-effective and cost-efficient manner, as needed.
- Ensure equipment is maintained appropriately and, in conjunction with the Administrator, order replacement equipment, as necessary.
- Supervise dietary staff, including hiring, counseling, conducting performance evaluations, and training.
- Develop staff schedules, review time and attendance sheets for accuracy, and approve timecards.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce written policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensure that the dietary department complies with all state survey standards.
- Regularly communicate with staff to keep them informed of department and facility activities.
- Follow federal and state skilled nursing facilities regulations and department policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience in a food service department; experience in a long term or health care facility preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Good communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Good computer skills.